Friday, June 15, 2012

Crochet Slipper Mania

Hola,

I have been busy making crochet slippers lately. I had so much fun making them; that in a week I made two! I enjoyed them bc they are quick and required very little yarn ( Stash Buster!) The first set of slippers I made are from a pattern called  Pea Pod Slider Slippers by Robyn Chachula. The pattern is from Baby Blueprint Crochet book. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn although the pattern calls for a DK weight yarn. I wanted to make a bigger size of the slipper so I upped the yarn weight which gave me a larger gauge to create a 6 1/2 in long slippers. Check it out:


The second slipper that I made was from a cute pattern from the Two Girls Patterns Etsy shop. You can also find this pattern at Ravelry called the Valerie Toddler House slipper pattern. I used the Lily Sugar' N Cream cotton yarn that I had in my stash. The colors for very summery and my daughter loves pink. I added some cute butterfly buttons. I hope you like. There is an adult version to this pattern which I will be making very soon so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment